ALL prices include the chips PLUS QC, hyb and all processing
£250* per HTP Arabidopsis, human, mouse or rat array (ST-1.1 or genome)
£350* per ATH1 or Human/rat/mouse gene 1.0 ST
We are happy to provide quotes for grants - arabidopsis, human or otherwise.
*UK and other European customers: please add your national sales tax where appropriate - e.g. VAT, TVA, MWST, MOMS [More information]. According to the Nottingham University Finance Department, this is a service and not 'goods' so medical users are NOT exempt from VAT.
- £250* for RNA onto any PLATE based chip.
- £350* for RNA or DNA onto most other chips.
- £410-450 for Exon, Tiling and custom chips (e.g. Brassica, Brachypodium)
Please see our Chip Catalogue for individual prices and details.
If you want to supply your own chips (custom or otherwise) then please contact us.
If you have other requirements (e.g. DNA hybridisation for SNPs, deletion mapping, cross-species work; or you wish to supply your own labelled cRNA) then please apply for a quote to firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ What is included in the service?
- Pre-service advice and discussion
- Email acknowledgement receipt for RNA.
Total RNA Quality control (see the QC page
for more details).
- Nanodrop quantification check.
- Agilent bioanalyser analysis.
- QC report & email confirmation to proceed.
- cRNA Quality control & email confirmation to proceed if necessary.
- Affymetrix chip & labelling costs.
- Hybridisation & detection fluidics and materials.
- Scan, QC and data tracking.
- Data access via FTP including .CELs and QC data.
- Advice on data interpretation by email or visit.
- Default immediate release of plant data to the public domain
(extendable to 12 months MAX confidentiality)
Immediately you have the data, or when the confidentiality period has expired:
- Donation of the data to GEO - in your name as experimenter.
- Inclusion of your data into the NASCArrays database and integration into
spot history, scatterplot and other on-line tools.
note:Currently this only applies to Arabidopsis
If you perform non-plant experiments, then your data is confidential. The confidentiality period therefore does not apply. However please note that most funders now have a data release policy and we can submit your data on your behalf to repositories such as GEO. This is not a trivial process (as stated above).
How to apply
Use the application form to apply.
We are not-for-profit and it is important that we make it clear that the service is treated as an academic collaboration without issues of warranty. We are a very professional unit and have a lot of experience now (especially in QC), however the service is NOT a commercial one and once we give you the data our formal responsibility is over (although we are normally happy to help informally with advice on analysis where it is useful to you). As the user of our service you are not paying for the data or service itself, you are providing cost-recovery on part of the full cost to us of the procedure. This helps the concept that the data ultimately belongs to the community since the community (and funding body) provide the underpinning finance and subsidy to NASC with this explicit understanding.